Durgapur Institute of Legal Studies has always aspired to excel in academics and has worked towards its goal to produce young lawyers who possess the intellectual genius and are morally conscious and socially responsible to ensure the rule of law. The college has achieved this goal by getting a fine balance between classroom learning and practical expertise. In order to pull out from the usual typical classroom teaching, students are provoked into self learning through presentations, research, case studies, other simulation exercises. With a prosperous library at college, the management and the faculties of the college stress upon reading and research and lead classroom teaching with discussions on judgments of various courts, social issues, latest developments, so that the students may understand and grasp law in an objective manner. Frequent visits to State’s Legal Machinery and National Legal Machinery are organized for the same reason. Teaching methodology of the college includes:
- The college emphasizes on quality classroom teaching which develops legal understanding and makes students aware of their social responsibility.
- The college creates an academic environment where with the help of teachers there is a regular system of updating knowledge on current social, economic, political issues of legal relevance in purely transparent and accountable set up.
- Moot Court activities are a thrust area of the College. The College strives to integrate the theory and practice of Law in the campus through regular moot court competitions and mock trials of cases.
- The college endeavors to organize a seminar every year on inter-disciplinary socio-legal issues.
- The college holds monthly in-house Personality Development and Professional Development Clinics.